Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No ethernet light

*Ring, Ring*
"Thanks for calling ButtNet High Speed Tech Support, my name is Dave, how can I help you?"

"Yes, sir. I am having a problem with my internet."

Can I stop at this point and say... WELL DUH! Can you people start the call by saying something else? Seriously, This is internet tech support. Anyhow... back to the story.

I look up the lady's account and see that she had previously been referred to Microsoft for a windows issue. When asked about it she replies, "Oh, yeah, I got that fixed, but now my ether light is off." It took me a moment to process 'ether light' but I understood it to mean "ethernet light." So after doing a few line tests, and asking about the light status on her modem, I realized that the modem was not connected to her computer.

"I checked the cable," she says, "and it looks fine on both ends."

So, at this point, I ask the obvious... as I am often known to do out of self defense, "Is your computer on?"

"Well," she says, "That's a problem."

"Why is that?" I ask.

"It will not power on. Can you fix that?"

What a moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment